Q: What tips do you have in choosing a contractor for a remodel job?
Any suggestions on on selecting an appropriate contracotr would be greatly appreciated.
We have several guidelines which might make your selection process a little more efficient.
1) Don't use the huge firms; find a company small enough that your project matters, but big enough to get it done timely and efficiently.
2) Locate someone generally close to the job site.
3) Choose a contractor that’s been in business at least 5 years.
4) Ask for the names of his suppliers and call them for a reference in additional to prior clients.
5) Take note of how available to you he is during the bidding process. How professional is he in returning your phone calls or getting back to you in a timely manner.
6) Check for certifications, insurance, and licenses.
7) Be cautious of low bids that are significantly lower than the others.
8) Ask for references.
Flag / Report
Answer This Question