Q: Should an addition be structurally attached to a home after a period of time though the addition is independent structurally?
Conditions at the house:
• Home built on steep grade age approximate 20 years
• Addition added 10yr on compacted fill flush to end of house (a garage with a covered porch on top).
• Addition built or poured slab and structure of its own. Wood frame/brick veneer.
• Screen porch framed with 6 x 6, 8 foot at corners, 12 foot at peak open gable end.
• A 2 inch gap opened approximately one year ago at forward post along brick face & a long roof flashing. Minimal evidence of movement below.
Answer This Question